[saymaListserv] Athens teens initiate wonderful project -- please support

Tim Johnson timinathens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 19:41:09 JEST 2005

Dear friends,
I'm so lucky in my job to see wonderful people doing wonderful things every day. Even in that context, I'm blown away by a group of four Athens high school students, three UGA students, and a driver who are helping their 15-year-old friend Darius (who has muscular distrophy) by taking him on his dream trip (via rented, wheelchair-accessible r.v.) across the country this summer. With Darius's encouragement, that have also decided to do a film about their trip, to help raise awareness about MD, to help raise awareness about accessible travel, and "to contribute to the lasting memory of our beloved friend Darius by helping him live his dream--and end his life--with grace and excitement."
They've just posted some information on a web site --  dariusgoeswest.com -- and I encourage you to visit it regularly. I also hope that you can donate to support their worthwhile efforts.
You can donate directly to them (instructions on the web site), or if you wish a tax deduction, you can donate to their project with a designated contribution (write 'Darius Goes West' in the 'for' line) to ACC Family Connection, PO Box 1904, Athens, GA 30603.
Please invite others to do so as well.
Thanks!!!
--Tim Johnson, executive director, Athens-Clarke County Family Connection/Communities In Schools of Athens

Love & truth, agape & satyagraha, Tim

Tim Johnson, e-mail: timinathens at yahoo.com

"Love is a verb." -- Stephen Covey