Fw: Re: [saymaListserv] High School Students in Israel refuse to serve inArmed forces!

Nancy Winfrey nwinfrey at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 14 14:00:40 JEST 2005

-------Original Message-------

From: Nancy Winfrey
Date: 03/14/05 10:13:17
To: free polazzo
Subject: Re: [saymaListserv] High School Students in Israel refuse to serve
inArmed forces!

Not only have I not heard of anyone here in high school supporting a peace
effort, but Clemson U, where my son-in-law teaches, has had a recent
incident which is disgusting area 'liberals'.

The young on-campus Republicans (they have a club!) put out news that a
peace rally would be held on Bowman Field (the main campus entrance) last
week.  They invited local newspapers to the "rally", which was attended by
several anti-war demonstrators in good faith.  Then the students who issued
the invitation proceeded to counter-march with extremely derogatory
anti-liberal signs and signs supported the Bush war and Republican party.
The apparent head of the club showed up in disguise and proceeded to give an
inflammatory speech against the peace marchers.

The Anderson Mail wrote a piece censuring this behavior, and several friends
have blogged that they are sending the president of the U. protesting
letters.

Yes, discrimination is alive and well here, too.

I can only hope and pray that this period in our country will correct itself
soon.

Nancy Winfrey
Greenville, SC MM
Clemson SC WG