[saymaListserv] Iraqis want timetable for the US military to leave Iraq

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 07:24:20 JEST 2005

Dear Peace Lover,

Good news!

The folks running for office in the elections in Iraq  that are
scheduled for December 15th, are now asking the US for a pullout
timetable.  See article below from today's NY Times on line.

Polls done by the British Government  have said that 82% of all
Iraqis want the coalition forces to leave their country.  For more
statistics see:
http://telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/23/wirq23.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/10/23/ixportaltop.html
.

I hope and pray that this is not just an election tactic.   We have
seen those used by politicians in this country, where candidates say
one thing to get elected and then do another.   Let's use the fact
that this call for a pullout is real, now, and spread the word to
your family and friends.

If the US is fighting in Iraq to institute a democracy and eliminate
a "dictator" (the current manifestation of why we went to war),
surely the Administration and our Representatives and Senators in
Washington need to listen to what the people of Iraq, through their
political leaders, are saying.   Do we want the USA to become the new
Iraqi "dictator"?    Not me!

I urge all of you to get active in whichever of our political parties
you are attracted to,  so that ALL candidates running for office this
fall are urging the US pull out of Iraq, regardless of what President
Bush and his advisers think.

That way the men and women in uniform will be the big winners in the
US's elections next November, as will the people of Iraq, who deserve
to determine their own future, unimpeded by our own often changing agendas.

Blessings,

Free Polazzo

"Only the truth will keep us free".