[saymaListserv] relief?

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 15:07:48 JEST 2005

I just got a call from FGC as well as one earlier today from a quarterly
meeting in Philadelphia YM  asking if we knew of particular relief efforts they
could assist with.  Things are building up here in Memphis as people are being
brought in by bus from New Orleans, but I am not involved or know of particular
efforts other than the Red Cross.  A few huge churches will serve as
temporary shelters.

Let me know if you have information that you would like me to share with the
"wider Quaker community" and I'll pass it on.  If you know of particular local
efforts where we could lend a hand, that would also be good for the Meetings
to know about.

Peace,  Kristi Estes