[saymaListserv] Re: Talking about Jesus (Mike Shell)

Geeta Jyothi Mcgahey mcgahey at yancey.main.nc.us
Sat Sep 24 13:50:32 JEST 2005

Thank-you Mike.  I am a non-Christocentric Friend and I sent this out to
our whole meeting.  We must learn to hear about and feel comfortable with
the different ways that we as Friends have experienced the "Transforming
Power".  The strength of our meetings rests in the ability to hear in each
others' language that which speaks to all of us in  our Faith Community.
In the Light,
Geeta Jyoti

>Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Talking about Jesus (Mike Shell)

>Message: 1
>Date: Thu, 22
>-Sep 2005 08:23:28 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
>From: Mike Shell <bright_crow at mindspring.com>
>Subject: [saymaListserv] Talking about Jesus
>
>Jesus is a very real and essential presence, moment by moment, in my
>personal life, yet I hesitate to speak about him, because I don't know how
>to lead people past their preconceived notions of Christianity (especially
>of Christianity as an ideology) to the core, experiential reality I live by.
>
>Not by coincidence (I brought up the topic with Wendy because of my
>reading), the March 2005 FRIENDS JOURNAL features articles on Jesus.  Two
>of them, in very different ways, speak to my condition.

>Blessed Be,
>Michael

>End of sayma Digest, Vol 31, Issue 20

"If you really want to do something for freedom and justice, then it is
best if we do this without rage or hostility. With inner tranquility and an
honest readiness, we can work hard for thirty, forty years" -
The Dalai Lama XV

Geeta Jyothi McGahey
300 Dharma Way
Burnsville, NC 28714