[saymaListserv] viaYMaa>> '06 FGC Gathering

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Fri Feb 10 23:31:33 JEST 2006

Received in the SAYMA office from Friends General Conference (FGC)...
        ...more info available at 800# and website at bottom of message.

Greetings from the Gathering Committee for the 2006 Friends General Conference Gathering of Friends! We feel privileged to be able to share with you this e-mail message about this historic 2006 Gathering. We have felt Spirit ever-present with us as we have prayed and planned to bring the Gathering week of worship, workshops, programs and community for the first time to the western part of the U.S. We will gather, God willing, July 1-7 at Pacific Lutheran University in Washington State near the Puget Sound.

Our planning meetings in the breathtakingly beautiful Pacific Northwest have given us an understanding of the unique opportunities this location offers for Friends from both the eastern and western parts of the U.S. and Canada.  For eastern U.S. and Canadian Friends, travel to this year’s Gathering makes such nearby destinations as Mount Rainier National Park also readily accessible. For western U.S. and Canadian Friends, Gathering participation won't require the cross-country travel that has often been necessary. Friends who come to the Gathering at PLU can expect an unusual blend of eastern and western Quakers!

On March 1, Friends can see ‘06 Gathering details in the Advance Program at www.fgcquaker.org. and can begin registering for the Gathering on that date.  We are encouraging Friends to use on-line registration. Real-time confirmation of your workshop choice will begin on March 1.  Also, the Gathering may reach capacity before published deadlines are reached and registration will be closed when programs are full. Printed copies of the Advance Program are being sent to meetings in North America, scheduled to arrive in Friends’ homes not later than March 15.

We look forward to welcoming long-time and first-time FGC Gathering attenders from east, south, middle, north and west as together we create the familiar and well-loved Gathering community in this historic new setting.  We especially look forward to greeting you!

FRIENDS GENERAL CONFERENCE
http://www.fgcquaker.org/
1216 Arch St., Ste 2B, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Toll-free: 800-966-4556.