[saymaListserv] viaYMaa>> workcamps/Africa/Fr Peace Teams

Mary Calhoun moriah at preferred.com
Fri Feb 10 23:17:42 JEST 2006

Received in the SAYMA office from Friends Peace Teams....
        ....more info available at website and e-mail addresses below.

  Dear SAYMA,

  Below is an announcement about our summer workcamps in Africa. AGLI is a
  Quaker organization, however workcampers are not required to be members.
  and we welcome persons of all ages.
  We would be most grateful if you would share this information widely among
  SAYMA Friends. Please contact me with any questions. Flyers available on request.
  Working Peacefully,
  Dawn

  Dawn L. Rubbert, Program Manager
  African Great Lakes Initiative
  8409 Winzenburg Drive
  St. Louis, MO  63117
  314-647-1287
  Dawn at aglionline.org
  http://www.aglionline.org
  No society that feeds its children on tales of successful
  violence can expect them not to believe that violence in the
  end is rewarded. -Margaret Mead, anthropologist (1901-1978)

  The African Great Lakes Initiative (AGLI) a project of Friends Peace Teams
  is sponsoring international workcamps in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda.

  A two-day pre-service training begins on June 23 near Washington DC.

  Workcampers fly to Africa on June 24 and return to the US on July 29.

  Workcampers will assist with building or rebuilding homes, clinics and/or schools.

  Visit our website at http://www.aglionline.org  or...

  Contact Dawn Rubbert, Program Coordinator – dawn at aglionline.org.

mc\aa