[saymaListserv] a secret fund

Steve Livingston nc_stereoman at charter.net
Fri Feb 17 16:01:42 JEST 2006

Dear Friends,

Our Meeting maintains a small fund for the purpose of supporting a
Friend who might suddenly be in dire need of economic relief. We are
currently considering how this fund would best be administered, in view
of the likelihood that the utmost of discretion might be required, while
at the same time being mindful of proper accounting procedures.

I wonder if other Meetings have such a fund, and if you would be willing
to share how you have resolved the tension between the needy Friend's
right to privacy concerning the nature or specifics of their need, and
the accounting requirements placed upon a Meeting because it is a
non-profit corporation.

Steve