[saymaListserv] An informative blog

Janet Minshall jhminshall at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 17:24:35 JEST 2006

Dear SAYMA Friends,  I have had an interchange with a member of SAYMA
from West Virginia today which I thought might interest any of you
who read his forward of a blog from Rick Wilson (AFSC) about work he
is doing in West Virginia. As usual, anyone is welcome to comment.   Janet

Hi Again Charles Schade,  I may be picky but it seems to me that if
Rick Wilson knew about SS and Medicare benefits and did not say
anything in his public utterances, that comes uncomfortably close to
an untruth or a misrepresentation (whichever you prefer to call it).
I really react strongly against "spokespersons" who tailor their
messages to imply things that are not true -- i.e. that the widow now
has no support, or even that she has less support than she had before
the company pension benefits ran out.  In truth she actually has more
support and benefits after the SS and Medicare kick in even without
the pension. I try not to engage in "Doublespeak" and am grateful to
Orwell for the terminology.

(If you wish to send this on to Rick Wilson and AFSC please feel free
to do so.)

                                                 Janet Minshall