[saymaListserv] Lt. Watada refused Iraq deployment today

free polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 22:29:34 JEST 2006

HI Friends in SAYMA,

This may not have made your local paper.   I received on the AFM list
server and wanted to make sure it went to the "hinterlands" of our
Yearly Meeting.

This article is about a crack in the wall of silence that has been
imposed on our military personnel whenever they speak about the war
in Iraq.     I wish that there were more soldiers like Lt. Watada,
who won't follow orders that violate international law.

Hold Lt. Watada and his family and friends and even his commanding
officers and those who served under him in the Light.    By taking a
public stand, he forces everyone who knows him to question what they
are doing in Iraq.

He is one of the heroes that Chuck Fager talked about in his
wonderful workshop at SAYMA's 2006 yearly meeting.    We need to know
who these brave men and women are and to hold them up to others in
our communities and to provide support to them.

Blessings,

Free Polazzo
Anneewakee Creek Friends Worship Group
Atlanta Friends Meeting