[saymaListserv] Fwd: Re: Fwd: What should we call an Oversight Committee?

Janet Minshall jhminshall at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 12:26:07 JEST 2006

From: Janet Minshall <jhminshall at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [saymaListserv] What should we call an Oversight Committee?
Cc: <morriskk at mindspring.com>

Dear David Clements,  I served on Ministry and Counsel (now Ministry
and Worship) at Atlanta Meeting for  six or seven years, and as clerk
of that committee for several years.  During that time we developed a
guide for the conduct of marriages under the meeting's care.   We
worked with the wording and the practice over a long period and the
guidelines which were produced were filled with both love and with
our perception of the tradition of Friends.  I think Karen Morris,
the former clerk in Atlanta, might have a copy of the older version
that I helped develop as well as a newer one that has evolved since then.

I believe "Caring Committee" or "Support Committee" would work well
if you have a collective disinclination to use Oversight Committee.
Since it is a new committee which is appointed to support each
marriage under the meeting's care, the process of selection of that
committee can easily be personalized to respond to both the spiritual
and practical needs of the couple and the meeting as a community of
Friends.  Janet Minshall

copy to <morriskk at mindspring.com>