[saymaListserv] Quaker in Training

Steve Livingston nc_stereoman at charter.net
Mon Oct 2 09:00:56 JEST 2006

With permission I am posting this exchange between myself and Kit
Potter, in part as an inquiry to stimulate further reflection and
conversation among Friends.

Kathryn Potter wrote:

Thanks, Steve. We do need to remember this perspective internationally.

But the biggest concern I have at the moment is the eroding of our rights at home, and the lack of national integrity of ideal with action - in full view of citizens and international community alike.

We've forgotten our history! Many of the European settlers of the Americas came here to escape the sort of government behaviors we are now allowing.

Kit

Steve Livingston wrote:

That "lack of national integrity" part is particularly destructive, in
my opinion. I believe the most important issue we have before us as a
nation right now is: Campaign Reform. Until we manage to elect a
government that will serve the best interests of the nation rather than
the bests interests of their owners, no other issue can be resolved in
an appropriate manner.

Steve

Kathryn Potter wrote:

I agree with your choice of primary issue! I wonder if the US electorate can
muster the will and the focus to make this the central reform action. I feel
skeptical, but would work on it!

Kit