[saymaListserv] Quaker in Training

susan mcbride shmcbride at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 10:13:14 JEST 2006

In part I see the issue of what is happening to our country as the fault of
an arrogant few who are making decisions that alter certain rights that are
said to be inalienable.  Recently I began preparation for a presentation I
am to give on the culture of poverty.  What became clear (again) is that not
everyone has the same rights we care to defend by way of peaceful means.
There is a violence committed everyday to people in this country who have no
voice.  Speaking only for myself, a question posed itself.  How is it I
stand for rights that are not granted to everyone, especially when I see me
as part of the problem?  Maybe someone who has walked this road longer than
I can speak to this?  While working to help change the current situation, I
am also prepared to be quiet and listen.

Susan McBride