[saymaListserv] fwd: FGC job openings

Quakerkristi at aol.com Quakerkristi at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 14:25:06 JEST 2006

Dear FGC Contacts,

FGC is asking for your help in
publicizing several open positions, including a newly revised, full-time
Associate Secretary for Programs and Outreach. This position will combine
administrative and
supervisory responsibilities as part of the staff leadership team with the
responsibilities of staff Coordinator for the Advancement and Outreach
program,
working closely with the A & O Committee. Position descriptions
for all open positions may be found at <A
HREF="http://www.fgcquaker.org/info/jobs.html">http://www.fgcquaker.org/info/jobs.html</A>.

We need your help in advertising
this new position. Please distribute and post the following announcement as
widely as possible and wherever you can—electronically to other Friends, in
your
meeting newsletter, on yearly meeting or other Quaker web sites, etc. We are
extending the deadline for applications to December 15, but (assuming budget
approval from Central Committee this month) we expect to begin interviews in
the
first half of December.  Here is the job announcement for
posting:

<STRONG>FGC Associate Secretary for
Programs and Outreach.</STRONG> Great opportunity to work with dynamic,
growing
Quaker organization and extraordinary staff community through provision of
spiritually-grounded staff leadership with new four-person “administrative
team.” Seasoned Friend with strong administrative and supervisory experience,
collegial style and good communication skills sought. Full time, good salary,
excellent benefits. Application deadline 12/15/06. Send resume & application
letter to General Secretary, FGC, 1216 Arch Street, 2B, Philadelphia, PA
19107,
or <A HREF="mailto:bruceb at fgcquaker.org">bruceb at fgcquaker.org</A> (call
to confirm receipt).

You Friends know what an
exciting, dynamic, and deeply Spirit-centered organization FGC has become.
Please help us find the right person for this important position.

Also, we are still looking for the right
person to work full-time as our <STRONG>Conference Assistant</STRONG>. This
is a
very important support position with many responsibilities for the Annual FGC
Gathering and occasional smaller conferences. The Conference Assistant will
work
closely with our wonderful new Conference Coordinator, Traci Sullivan, and
equally terrific Junior Gathering Coordinator, Patsy Martin. Full time,
decent
salary, excellent benefits. Contact Traci immediately at 215-561-1700, or <A
HREF="mailto:Tracis at fgcquaker.org">Tracis at fgcquaker.org</A> (call to
confirm receipt).  We hope to fill this position within a matter of
days.

Finally, we are still open to
applications for <STRONG>Planned Giving and Major Gifts Manager </STRONG>in
our
Development Program, and for the anticipated full-time, long-term position
of<STRONG> Youth Ministries Coordinator</STRONG>. For more information on any
of
these positions, contact the FGC office at 215-561-1700 or <A
HREF="mailto:ellenh at fgcquaker.org">ellenh at fgcquaker.org</A>.

Thank you for your help!

In the Spirit,
Carrie