[saymaListserv] Your Message from John Calvi of QUIT

Free Polazzo freepolazzo at comcast.net
Wed Oct 18 21:02:30 JEST 2006

Dear Kirsti,

Thank you for working with John Calvi and your
support of QUIT (QUaker Initiative to end
Torture.)   It is good to see our YM Clerk also
active in outreach and social concerns.   You are
a wonderful model for all of us "busy Friends" to
slow down and find the time to do the really
important work that is needed in our world.

I hold us all in the Light.    We are part of
this country and we are part of what keeps this
thing going.    Your messages help me to speak to
others about this terrible thing we are doing in
the name of "homeland security".

The elections will once again show us who we
really are and not just who we think we
are.    Right now, we are a country that the rest
of the world is afraid of.  So afraid that more
and more may be building nuclear bombs, even
while their people starve.   Fear makes people
act against their own long term interests, even dictators.  Even Americans.

I pray that the Amreican people send a strong
message that this trampling of human rights cannot endure.

The Spirit needs our help to make sure that of
God in every person is honored, no matter what the election results.

Blessings,

Free Polazzo